The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2004 and offers a 4 Year B.E Mechanical Programme and 2 Year M.E. CAD/CAM both which are granted permanent affiliation by Anna University. The B.E Mechanical programme is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and the department is recognized as a Centre for carrying out Ph.D/M.S.(By Research) Programme by Anna University, Chennai. To prepare industry ready engineers of future, the department has a right blend of faculty in the areas of Machine Learning, 3D Printing, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence Biomechanics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Analysis and various Simulation and Analysis Tools. The Department of Mechanical Engineering has established student chapters of SAE, ISTE, IE (I) and Solar Energy club for organizing various events in association with the Regional Chapters.
The produce competent Mechanical Engineers through teaching, learning and research to cater ever developing industries demands
- To create technically proficient individuals who meet global standards of excellence across multiple sectors.
- To provide opportunities for students and faculties to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge
- To inspire and mentor students to excel as successful professionals and entrepreneur’s in their careers
- B.E – Mechanical Engineering
- M.E – CAD/CAM
- Ph.D – Mechanical Engineering