The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2000 and offers a 4 Year B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering Programme and 2 Year M.E. Power System Engineering Programme and both are granted permanent affiliation by Anna University. The B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and the Department is recognized as a Research Centre for carrying out Ph.D/M.S.(By Research) Programme by Anna University, Chennai. In fact, it is well known that the field of Electrical Engineering, historically, is one of the most important Engineering disciplines that has changed the living style of the world. The faculty members are well trained in the areas of Machine Intelligence, e-Vehicle, Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS), Electrical Machine Drives, Power Electronics and Systems, Control Systems, Smart grid, Renewable energy.
To produce competent Electrical and Electronics Engineers with advanced skills and knowledge to contribute the society
- To establish the advance laboratories to enable the students to face the challenges in Electrical and Electronics industries
- To enable collaborative research in contemporary and sustainable technologies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- To produce Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduates with quest for excellence, enthusiasm for continuous learning, ethical behavior, integrity and exceptional leadership
- B.E – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.E – Power Systems Engineering
- Ph.D – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Program Educational Objectives
The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Graduates should be able to PEO1 :
Practice as an Engineer in the Electrical and Electronics industries and become an entrepreneur PEO2 :
Pursue higher education and research for professional development
Exhibit the leadership skills and ethical value for society
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and Engineering sciences.
- Design/Development solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
Apply mathematical and engineering knowledge for designing Electrical and Electronics Engineering Systems
Derive sustainable solutions for complex Electrical and Electronics Engineering problems
Use modern software tools and techniques related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering industry