The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2000 and offers a 4 Year B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering Programme and 2 Year M.E. Power System Engineering Programme and both are granted permanent affiliation by Anna University. The B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and the department is recognized as a Centre for carrying out Ph.D/M.S.(By Research) Programme by Anna University, Chennai. In fact, it is well known that the field of Electrical Engineering, historically, is one of the most important engineering disciplines that has changed the living style of the world. The faculty members are well trained in the areas of Machine Intelligence, e-Vehicle, Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS), Electrical Machine Drives, Power Electronics and Systems, Control Systems, Smart grid, Renewable energy.
To produce competent electrical and electronics engineers with technical knowledge to contribute the society
- To establish a conducive learning environment and to enable the students to face the challenges in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- To provide conducive ambience for collaborative research and to develop contemporary and sustainable technologies
- To produce graduate with quest for excellence, enthusiasm for continuous learning, ethical behaviour, integrity and exceptional leadership
- B.E – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.E – Power Systems Engineering
- Ph.D – Electrical and Electronics Engineering